PHP Expert Editor Website gives you references, guides, authors and departments which use to know a little more about data visualization and info-graphics using.
Before we go and use php visual editor to make a graph we have to take our time and see what kind of relationship exists between your data and what we want to show: comparative data, relationship between them, hierarchy, location, distribution, range… and thus be able to Choose the right chart type (lines, bars, cakes, treemaps, dispersion,…). Here some useful PHP expert guides in order to make better decisions references:
- The Data Visualization Catalogue . It is essential to choose the chart type and the application to do this. It offers alternatives to the selected display.
- Visual vocabulary of Financial Times Data. Poster to be printed nearby. It explains each graph with a brief description of use. Very useful.
- The Graphic continuum. Graphics under six categories: distribution, Geolocation… A ranked view.
- Data Viz Project. Complete catalog by types of graphics and very useful, by way of charging the data we have. It has very good examples.
- From Data to Viz. It is a classification of graphs based on the data type. It includes an exciting sample of precautions and tips.
- Visual Tableau Vocabulary. Based on the Visual Vocabulary Poster for FT, it is made with Tableau. From their Credits & Tutorials is accessed content extra.
Based on the premise that we have the data in Excel, Google spreadsheets, have more and more tools with which to make graphics without having to write code. Online applications with a wide range of offers for all budgets. The performance of all is quite similar: upload/copy data, review them / edit them, select the display, customize the graph and publish (code, static image, SVG…).
- Datawrapper : a Robust tool in continuous development (with a journalistic direction). Offers basic data visualizations (bars, lines, pies) and now more complex (dispersion and choropleths maps,…). The minimum level of complexity and customizable. It has a graphics repository to share The River. The Times, ZEIT Online, la Repubblica, Fortune Magazine, Mother Jones, El País,…
- Flourish : Platform recently so that it allows you to combine several visualizations (presentations): bars/lines, network, Sankey, dispersion, maps. It is straightforward to work with her to use templates predefined in those who carry our data. Promises much.
- Quadrigam : Allows you to combine various types of graphics also as a dashboard (treemaps, of rope, rods and lines, maps…). The introduction of data is something peculiar and the very good result. Allows dashboards with several graphs. …
- Onodo.org : For trees of relationships. This initiative of Civil and Eurocrat is more than advisable when presenting complex relationships (frames, compositions of companies…). Even when they are very complicated.
- INFOGRAM : An application very versatile and easy to use that it allows both the creation of descriptive statistics as of diagrammatic graphics and use of pictograms. Very well focused on social networks.
- Tableau : a Robust platform for statistical graphics and visualization of large data. Much more complex than the previous and very efficient when working with large data analysis and creation of interactive dashboards.
When we need to represent data in a geographic location, our intuitive tools with very good results (in addition to the above applications that also offer the possibility to edit and publish maps). Some of them:
- CARTO : Geolocation of large volumes of data and combination with visualizations. Integration with programming languages on D3js. It is a platform in full expansion on google maps and is being built by several companies for decision-making.
- Map4News : Excellent tool for newsrooms. Focused on the location of news, it also includes interactivity made maps. It also allows export in .pdf and .svg for printed publications.
- Mapbox : To create more complex maps and Geolocation. The basis of design who work than in other applications such as CARTO.
- StoryMapJS : Tool created in the Knight Lab to develop narratives about maps and gigapixels. Very simple (using Google Spreadsheets) pretty well adapts to mobile devices.
- Google Maps : And of course the Google My Maps platform. Simple and robust. Excellent results can be obtained with a little knowledge of code and using their API . There are applications.
- TimelineJS : Horizontal development of the narrative. The tool also Knight Lab based on a sheet of Google Spreadsheets that can incorporate all kinds of multimedia elements.
- Sutori : Vertical content development with a wide range of multimedia elements. Allows you to print in. Pdf.
Of course there are many, many more options: D3.js, Raphael, Amcharts, Ploty, circuses, Zingchart, Vega,… To be ‘controlled’ have with 430 Data Visualization Tools, Datavisualization.ch. and Digital Story Tools.
- Information is beautiful
- Flowing data
- Visual complexity
- Visualising data
- Data Journalism Awards
- Data Stories (Podcast)
- Artificial Intelligence to create graphics : Wonderful volcano project to develop a platform for the automatic generation of graphics through the use of Machine Learning Comprehension.
- Interaction with audiovisual graphics : Computer graphics development in the news, always linked to technological developments, has evolved along with the way in which the presenter…
- The journalistic cutting-edge computer graphics : An analysis of the current state of the infographics, tools, and strategies for work in online media.