Web Chart Creator is a tool to quickly create dynamic 3D charts for Internet/Intranet projects using databases of any type. The charts are created with a simple visual editor. It has a friendly and intuitive interface designed for both beginners and advanced users. To publish a chart you have to copy the CGI-program and several files to your web-server whereupon all modifications to the database will be displayed in the chart. It’s that simple! The chart images are transferred to the browser in GIF format, therefore no additional software (like ActiveX objects, Java applets, etc.) is actually required. You can export a Chart image to a GIF-file from the command line and then send it to any server you like. Web Chart Creator uses the ODBC drivers for database connection. Although fairly simple, Web Chart Creator is quite a powerful tool.
- Web Chart Creator can be used on any web-server under the Windows platform.
- Using ODBS drivers Web Chart Creator will work with any database.
- Programming knowledge is not really needed, few basic things about database management is all you have to know.
- A single copy of Web Chart Creator on your server will enable you to generate any number of various chart types based on different kinds of databases.
- 11 types of charts are supported; either of them may be represented as a two- or three-dimensional image.
- You can create multi series charts.
- You can create as many SQL querys as you need to draw a chart.
- You can enable Cache option and webchart.exe will be cache a chart images. This options greatly relieve your SQL-server.
- You can create 3D charts on any workstation, even without an Internet connection, and then upload chart’s images to any, Windows or Unix, server.
Install and adjusting the Web Chart Creator to web-server
1. Copy the files webchart.exe and webchart.cfg to CGI-BIN folder of the web-server from the distributive.
2. That’s it! You can start using Web Chart Creator right away!
The following software should be installed on your server
- OS – Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000
- Any web-server software
- ODBC Drivers to connect to database
Minimum Hardware requirements
- CPU: PII-400
- RAM: 64Mb